Tuesday, January 10, 2006

2nd Ave Deli: I'm glad the dump is closing

I know I'm incurring the wrath of many, and I may even be the first subject of a Jewish lynch mob, but boy am I glad that overpriced dump is finally closing its doors. I hope it doesn't reopen. This is a restaurant so obnoxious it has a policy of demanding a minimum charge for lunch! A freaking deli with sticky floors, in the East Village! Last time I went there about two years ago with like six goy friends, looking forward to show them a little Jewish fressen, they made us order more than 8 dollars worth of food PER PERSON or refused to serve us. I vowed never to set foot in that place again. I don't care about their rent. Everybody in this town pays rent. And just admit it: the food wasn't that great. Bland and a freaking ripoff. The Second Avenue Deli deserves to close. In its place bring on some treif chazerai. Ribs with bacon and cream and shrimp and lobster. That'll show them.

ps: Now, if anything like this ever happens to Katz's or Russ and Daughters, I'm slitting my wrists.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what'll happen to that weird waitress with the big, big jet black hair. Maybe she'll get a job in Coney Island.

    ReplyDelete