Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Quien es mas macho?

Gawker reports that the NYT may have challenged the macho quotient of its Superbowl watching fans by printing a recipe asking for one to two CANS of fiery chipotles chiles. Ay Caramba!
I would have loved to have been there to witness the first bite of the unsuspecting poor soul that followed the recipe to a T...
Although I hail from the land of the jalapeño, my mother always berated me as being from Switzerland because, unlike her, whose Aztec lineage extends to a shtetl in Belorus which is not in any map, I refused to bite into raw serrano chiles with my bare teeth.
You can attempt the correct recipe, which actually doesn't sound half bad, by clicking on the link.
Tip from the Grande Enchilada, Selfproclaimed Foremost Expert on Mexican Food in New York and Perhaps the Entire Cosmos: if you want it mild use one chile; hotter, two. Three is muy macho. And I'm Swiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment