Monday, June 04, 2007

And the Prize for Most Hideous Olympic Logo Goes To:

London! They really, truly came up with the absolute worst. It looks like a Japanese cracker box. Or a test they give you to find out if you are a delusional schizophrenic. But it took me the BBC's explanation to understand it actually reads "2012".
We, in Enchiladaland, hired a master (I don't remember who, was it Milton Glaser?) to do that gorgeous, classic mexico68 beaut which to this day graces the t-shirts of the employees of La Esquina, and which I want to get my hands on, because it is so cool.
The Olympics in London. Sounds like such a bore anyway. They should have been here in NY.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:45 AM

    London, a bore?

    You're a bore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:55 PM

    You're right...that has GOT to be the absolute WORST logo I have ever seen in my life! Whoever approved that ought to be drawn and quartered.

    ReplyDelete