Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Carmen Miranda Rights

I saw Paris Hilton's lawyer on TV. I had sworn to myself not to pollute this blog with a mention of her name. But after watching the lawyer, I have to comment. Apparently the sentence this hateful girl got was exaggerated. I can believe that. The lawyer kept trying to make her into some sort of celebrity martyr but I don't think anyone was buying it. He kept saying (I paraphrase lightly): "The LA Sheriff's department has been so nice to us. They have gone out of their way to be so nice to us. And Paris, though it would be better for her to be held with the general population, because time may pass by faster for her in the company of other inmates (the level of spin makes my head spin), poor little Paris was put in administrative seclusion, in a tiny little cell where she's all by herself 24/7 (no doubt because the Sheriff wants her to preserve all her teeth, since there is little else worth preserving).
I think this is very fitting punishment, not for the driving violation, but for her annoying public life that she foists upon us at the slightest provocation. Spending some time alone for the first time in her life with her puny self should be punishment enough to last her a lifetime. Maybe the tenth circle of hell is actually being Paris Hilton in the company of herself.
Don't get me wrong: it is entirely possible that in person she is delightful, wise and urbane. However, the persona she has chosen to impress upon us is highly obnoxious, vapid and dumb. And even I, who try to ignore her to the best of my abilities, I'm sick of it.
As for the LA Sheriff department being so nice, I can imagine no other inmate has ever complained about this kind of behavior from them. It is revolting that celebrities get better treatment than everybody else. Revolting.
And somebody is going to tell me, well they have to treat them nice because celebrities could be made into picadillo in the slammer. Well you know what, they should think about that before they flaunt their disregard for the law, expecting, as they do, that special treatment is always going to save their ass.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:08 PM

    I'm getting a big charge out of reading your opinions. Glad I stumbled upon your blog.
    I agree that being alone with herself, with no one to fawn over her, is a great sentence for this girl. But what does she do with it? She 'finds God'. It's enough to make one want to barf. In this case, as in so many others (I believe), 'God' is used as a big fat crutch, an easy out when confronted with the prospect of self-discovery and ultimately, self-accountability.

    ReplyDelete