Thursday, November 01, 2007

Blog backlog

Dahlings! I have been trying to blog this past couple of days, but since I have to make a living, I was stuck at a couple of advertising conferences, where people pay money to get the shit scared out of them and to exchange business cards with one another. But this is not a topic that interests you (it barely interests me). So yesterday was Halloween in New York City and unfortunately the weather was the balmiest in 70 years, which meant hordes of murgatroids congregating on the corner of ma maison, screaming like banshees all night. I put on the air conditioning to muffle their drunken screeching. It almost worked.
I was going to dress up like Marilyn Monroe, and not like Anna Nicole, who was a popular choice this year. But after all day listening about future trends in advertising, my head was exploding with a combo of interesting info and utter bullshit so I didn't even make it to the party. Plus, I saw a homeless woman on the subway in the morning who apparently got the Halloween memo and she was truly the scariest living thing I've seen on a New York Subway, probably ever. Why she decided to venture out pinkt yesterday is just poetic license.
I am so addled that I don't even know what to write about, y'all. I'm about to say the world is a cruel place, echoing that bard of ours, Britney, who doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "overwhelming", according to the very august New York Times, which does report on such momentous matters.
(Ryan) Seacrest (our new Edward Murrow -- parenthesis mine) apparently woke Spears up when he called her for the interview, and at times she didn't seem to understand his questions. When Seacrest asked Spears whether the intense coverage of her recent troubles has been ''overwhelming,'' she said, ''Wait, what?''

However, she then said: ''People talk and they say what they want at the end of the day, you know in the tabloids and in the magazines,'' she said. ''But you just try to keep on doing what you do, like, you know, and as long as you know what's up and you know what's true, that's all that really matters, you know?''

In a knowing flurry of articulation and eloquence.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 PM

    What's with this mindless thing of attacking Britney all the time? Why do people do that? What has she ever done to anyone to deserve so much crap? This really reeks of envy, resentment, spite or anything equally malicious. Between Britney and Britney bashers, I really can't tell which one is more useless and pathetic.

    By the way, the quality of your posts has been going down quite noticeably lately. You used to be acid in a clever poignant way, but lately you've been just bitchy. Makes me wonder what else could be really eating you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Let's get a life and leave the poor, ignorant slut alone.
    As for the quality of my posts, dear Earful, I beg to differ. Some are bitchy and some ain't. I know because I read them ALL.

    ReplyDelete