Friday, October 31, 2008

Splendiferous Mexican Eats

I must report that although I haven't gotten to my beloved tacos de carnitas yet, I have been enjoying some nifty tacos. I had excellent rib-eye tacos at a fancy place here in the boonies, which were probably the most expensive tacos ever, at $18 USD. But they were just too good, and generously served. I also loved the concept. Since the taco is a genius food, why not fill it with the most excellent meat you can get? Modern Mexican chefs are coming up with stuff like tuna sashimi tostadas, which are unbelievable, or rib-eye tacos. 
Then yesterday I went to a taquería with my friend Deby and of course, I overdid it. First I had my beloved Mexican chicken broth, the likes of which you pitiful people in the States will never understand. This miraculous soup had white rice, chicken, cilantro, onion and a squeeze of lime. Then I had four al pastor tacos with cilantro, onion and pineapple and two tacos of minced pork chops, bacon and onion. Way too much, but I can't help it.  
And wait 'til I get to Oaxaca, which is one of the most formidable regions in Mexico when it comes to food. I can't wait!
I also have been eating a lot at homes. Chez Les Petites Enchiladas the food is simple, Mexican and wonderful. 
In short: in Mexico you eat very well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment