Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Communism is here!

And I, for one, could not be happier.
My darling, beloved new boyfriend (sorry Philip Gourevitch, you have been dethroned), Barack H. Obama, has just decided to cap the salaries of Wall Street machers at a paltry $500,000 a year.
And they can't cash in on their stock options until us taxpayers have been repaid (I'll believe that when I see it).
Poor little bankers! What will they do with such miserly crumbs?
In any case, you can read the wonderful remarks of my boy-o here.
He seems to be responding to the public anger over handing money to banks that are hoarding it instead of lending it, and people who buy $1500 wastebaskets for their office and continue to enrich themselves as everything turns to shit.
They are lucky we don't live in drawing and quartering times. I'd have them in the fucking stockade already, if it was up to me.
I am sure stocks will go way down after this announcement, but fuck it. Someone has to pay, and it should not just be the hardworking citizens of this country.
We didn't devise absurd mortgage based securities, selling people other people's debt. We didn't go around convincing the poor to buy stuff they could not afford and were never going to pay for.
Now let's institute universal health care for all and we'll be on our way to being a half decent country, and not the land of robber barons, as it stands right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment