Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goodbye, My Faithful Companion

Goodnight, sweet princess.
I bought my inseparable Dakota roller bag at Altman's luggage in the Lower East Side for my first business trip ever in 1993. Yesterday, after unfailingly accompanying me through thick and thin; business and pleasure, around the world, never once breaking down or compaining of overbearing weight and manhandling, my darling, long suffering, well traveled Dakota, breathed her last, after gamely traipsing through Thailand and Cambodia for one last adventure. Though her replacement has been found -- her cousin, a Tumi bag -- I am in deep mourning.

1 comment:

  1. oh my god! my heart goes out to you! it's not just anyone who understands the love of a suitcase. It runs deep. my sympathies....

    ReplyDelete